U.S. Citizen Services
At this time the Embassy is unable to accept credit cards. Please bring U.S. dollars or Guaranies to your appointment to pay any consular service fees. This is only temporary, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”
For emergencies requiring consular assistance during our regular office hours (from Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Friday from 7:30 to 11.30 AM) please call (595-21) 213-715 and press "0" to be connected to the Operator.
For emergencies after hours, weekends and Paraguayan and American holidays, please call (595-21) 213-715 and request to speak with the Embassy Duty Officer.
We regret that we are unable to respond to U.S. visa inquiries.
All U.S. Government-published travel information about Paraguay is available on this website. Travelers frequently ask the Embassy for more specific guidance, including whether a particular place in Paraguay will be safe for U.S. citizens at a particular time. The Embassy does not provide this kind of tailored advice. You are encouraged to carefully consider the U.S. Government’s published travel information, and to conduct your own independent research, including speaking to those who will host you, before making a decision about your travel.
If the Embassy becomes aware of a specific, credible threat against U.S. citizens in Paraguay, it will send an announcement known as Emergency Message to American Citizens by e-mail. To receive these messages, please register with the Embassy online.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective September 1, 2011, it will be mandatory to use the new appointment system to request U.S. citizen’s services at the Consulate, such as applications for passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and legal services. To schedule an appointment click here and for legal services click here.
1. Country Specific Information : http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_997.html
2. Travel Warnings : http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html
3. Worldwide Cautions : http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_4787.html
4. Travel Alerts: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_1766.html
Consulate Contact Information
Consular e-mail: ParaguayACS@state.gov
The U.S. Embassy in Asuncion is located at:
1776 Mariscal Lopez Avenue
Tel: 595 21 213-715
Fax: 595 21 228-603
The local postal mailing address is:
Casilla Postal 402
The DPO mailing address is:
DPO AA 34036-0001
Hours of Operation
Services for U.S. Citizens
Monday thru Thursday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Except Paraguayan and American Holidays
Consular Cashier Window
Monday thru Wednesday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
For General Consular and Travel Information: Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs
What We Can't Do
We would always like to help, but there are many frequently requested services that we are unable to perform, including:
- Provide information regarding U.S. visas or immigration benefits
- Assist with travel, employment or real estate
- Locate lost property
- Pay personal debts for U.S. citizens
- Authorize or pay for medical treatment
- Prepare tax returns or translations
- Issue or authenticate U.S. birth/marriage/death certificates
- Issue U.S. police records
- Provide security or law enforcement services (including fingerprinting)
- Renew or replace driver's licenses
- Collect or forward mail/packages
- Cash checks
- Provide legal advice or intervene in judicial cases
- Assist with Paraguayan immigration issues
- Provide information on schools or businesses in the U.S. or Paraguay
American citizens, register with the Embassy in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program "STEP" to recieve important messages.